42.13.806 USE OF OUTSOURCED ALCOHOL IN THE MANUFACTURING OF DISTILLED SPIRITS
(1) A distillery or microdistillery licensed by the department and located in Montana that uses alcohol from another distilled spirits plant in order to distill, rectify, blend, or manufacture its own alcoholic beverages is required to request such products through the department on a form supplied by the department.
(2) A distillery or microdistillery may only obtain alcohol from sources authorized by the federal government, such as an entity that holds a basic permit or industrial permit.
(3) The department will process the request and notify the distilled spirits plant, specified by the distillery or microdistillery, of the quantities, proof, and sizes of alcohol to be delivered to the distillery or microdistillery.
(4) The distillery or microdistillery may not bottle and sell alcohol acquired from the distilled spirits plant without using it in their own distilling, rectifying, blending, or manufacturing process first.
(5) The distillery or microdistillery must keep all alcohol acquired from a distilled spirits plant on the licensed premises and may not resell, transfer, or give away the alcohol. A distillery or microdistillery must receive approval from the department to destroy or dispose of any alcohol the distillery or microdistillery acquired from another distilled spirits plant.
(6) A distillery or microdistillery must document and maintain records at their place of business of all alcohol acquired from a distilled spirits plant. The department may make an examination of any distillery or microdistillery's records as it pertains to this section.
History: 16-1-303, MCA; IMP, 16-1-401, 16-1-404, 16-3-214, MCA; NEW, 2012 MAR p. 199, Eff. 1/27/12.