42.13.902 DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBILITIES REGARDING THE ENFORCEMENT OF MANDATORY SERVER AND SALES TRAINING PROGRAMS
(1) The implementation and enforcement of the mandatory server and sales training programs within the Responsible Alcohol Sales and Service Act in Montana is under the exclusive authority and jurisdiction of the Department of Revenue. This is intended for state licenses and does not extend to tribal government and federal government issued licenses.
(2) The department's goal is to have effective and affordable training widely available through approved training providers in order to achieve public health and safety goals with a trained work force. Although the department cannot guarantee it will meet these goals continuously, the department will strive to accomplish them based on available resources.
(3) To comply with and implement the Act, the department will:
(a) develop a standard curriculum to set the baseline for all training providers;
(b) update the standard curriculum on an annual basis;
(c) determine delivery standards based on an objective evaluation;
(d) determine testing standards based on an objective evaluation;
(e) conduct train-the-trainer sessions for the standard curriculum or delegate such responsibility to another entity;
(f) determine trainer specifications, training policies and coordinate the trainer network for the standard curriculum; and
(g) determine specifications for training providers.
(4) The department will:
(a) approve, regulate, and monitor training providers and their curriculums;
(b) review and approve or deny a responsible alcohol sales and service training curriculum within 45 days of a complete application submittal;
(c) issue an approval or denial letter to the training provider; and
(d) provide contact information on the department web site for all approved publicly offered training providers.
(5) The department will develop an electronic tracking system for training providers to input participants' training information.
(6) Other than through the train-the-trainer program, the department will not provide responsible alcohol sales and service training programs directly to retail sales employees.
History: 16-4-1009, MCA; IMP, 16-4-1001, 16-4-1002, 16-4-1003, 16-4-1004, 16-4-1005, 16-4-1006, 16-4-1007, 16-4-1008, MCA; NEW, 2012 MAR p. 122, Eff. 1/13/12.